This week, I had the second worst meal that I’ve ever eaten. No kidding.
I say second worst; because the number one worst meal I have ever had the dissatisfaction of eating was a god-awful nasty hotdog at Goodberrys that I bought many years ago. I wrote about that on this blog way back when. You can read about that here if you dare.
The cafeteria at my office has a refrigerator with prepared foods that you can microwave. I try my best to avoid such desperate measures, but one morning this week I was very hungry when I got to work. I was craving a hot breakfast sandwich. I decided to visit the refrigerated goods. That turned out to be a big mistake.
There were virtually no breakfast foods to choose from, and I was forced to settle for a spicy chicken, bacon and Swiss jalapeno cheese bagel. It was beyond revolting. I do not like spicy foods to begin with, but I was quite desperate. What I experienced was absolutely disgusting.
I nuked the bagel. The odor emanating from the microwave was very potent. I should have known I was in trouble from the get-go. The bacon had the floppy consistency of a paper-thin white strip of rubber. The chicken was extremely chewy, and beyond overly seasoned.
I was only able to eat a third of it before tossing it in the trash. My mouth and tongue were in flames from the extreme jalapeno spices. I couldn’t taste anything beyond salt and fire.
That morning, I made a vow to never eat a prepared sandwich from the cafeteria fridge again. It was that bad. No matter how hungry I may be, I can’t bring myself to experience such an atrocity again. Absolutely disgusting!
I took a picture of the package, which I have posted below. If you ever run across this bagel, please avoid it at all costs! You have been warned.